Proofreading addresses grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and looks for typographical and formatting errors.
Proofreading is the least intensive edit we offer and is designed as a “last polish” before the piece goes to print.
Proofreading rates are calculated based on the number of words in the manuscript.
Please use the contact form below for a pricing quote and scheduling availability.
Files and Formatting:
- We use the track changes and comments features available in Microsoft Word to make changes and suggestions. Therefore, files should be in Microsoft Word format.
- Please format your files for developmental and copy editing in Standard Manuscript Format.
- Formatted files for proofreading can be sent as a PDF.
- Please send files as an email attachment.
- At Clicking Keys, we strive to bring you the best service possible, but we cannot guarantee perfection or publication.
- We do guarantee that we will work hard to ensure that you receive the best quality work possible and excellent service.
- Note: Examples given in the descriptions are based on fiction pieces; however, we also edit non-fiction and academic work as well.