Developmental editing is designed for those who want feedback on their manuscript’s content, organization, development, flow, and coherence as well as limited assistance with grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
The primary focus of developmental editing is content, particularly on the story and character arcs, character development, pacing, and structure.
Editing rates are calculated based on the number of words in the manuscript.
Please use the contact form below for a pricing quote and scheduling availability.
Files and Formatting:
- We use the track changes and comments features available in Microsoft Word to make changes and suggestions. Therefore, files should be in Microsoft Word format.
- Please format your files for developmental and copy editing in Standard Manuscript Format.
- Formatted files for proofreading can be sent as a PDF.
- Please send files as an email attachment.
- At Clicking Keys, we strive to bring you the best service possible, but we cannot guarantee perfection or publication.
- We do guarantee that we will work hard to ensure that you receive the best quality work possible and excellent service.
- Note: Examples given in the descriptions are based on fiction pieces; however, we also edit non-fiction and academic work as well.