Clicking Keys offers three levels of editing: developmental editing, copyediting, and proofreading.
Developmental editing is designed for those who want feedback on their manuscript’s content, organization, development, flow, and pacing.
Copy editing addresses grammar, punctuation, mechanics, consistency, and situational logic. (Ex: does the character sit down twice but not stand up in between?)
Proofreading addresses grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and looks for typographical errors.
Combination packages are also available.
Note: Examples given in the descriptions are based on fiction pieces; however, we also edit non-fiction and academic work as well.
Please use the contact form below for a pricing quote and scheduling availability.
Files and Formatting:
- We use the track changes and comments features available in Microsoft Word to make changes and suggestions. Therefore, files should be in Microsoft Word format. We can also work with Pages files, Google Docs, and Scrivener files, but we highly prefer Word files.
- Please format your files for developmental and copy editing in Standard Manuscript Format.
- Formatted files for proofreading can be sent as a PDF.
- Please send files as an email attachment.
- At Clicking Keys, we strive to bring you the best service possible, but we cannot guarantee perfection or publication.
- We do guarantee that we will work hard to ensure that you receive the best quality work possible and excellent service.